Friday, October 16, 2009

If You Could Be a Color?

Q: If you could be a color, which one would you be?

Recommended Answer: "I was actually asked this question by an impressive, Ivy-League-educated, African American female in a high-powered job interview. Talk about a landmine question for a Caucasian male! If I answered "black," I would have been seen as kissing up to her, and disingenuous; if I answered "white," I would seem like a member of the Klan.

I smiled and answered: "The rainbow." She smiled, looked interested and asked, "Why?" I replied, "There are four basic personality types in individuals, and I pride myself on trying to recognize and adapt to each one, depending on the situation. Sometimes I need to be red; sometimes green; sometimes black and white; sometimes even pink."

She laughed and actually said, "Great answer!"

(excerpted from The Bliss List, available at www.YourBlissList.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment